Family & Emergency Services
Family Services of Hope Southern Indiana
Family & Emergency Services of Hope Southern Indiana provides direct assistance to individuals and families in Floyd County, Indiana. This assistance is made possible by the generous support of partner churches, Metro United Way, grants and generous donors. Based on individual or family need, this may include housing placement, prevention of eviction, the disconnection of basic utilities plus additional wrap around programs and services that enable individual/family stability.
Click here for a listing of Mother, Infant & Family Resources.
Click here for current Poverty Levels used by Hope Southern Indiana.
Listed below are snapshot descriptions of the many programs offered through Family & Emergency Services of Hope Southern Indiana:
- Emergency Financial Assistance (to avoid eviction and the disconnection of basic utilities) Applications for this program will be accepted Monday through Thursday from 9 AM to 2 PM. Assistance in this area will take up to 2 business days if applicants bring all needed paperwork to the first visit and are able to collect other needed pledges. Click here for a list of what you will need to receive these services. Call 812.948.9248 during regular business hours if you have additional questions.
- Though not a part of Hope Southern Indiana, click here for Energy Assistance Program information in Floyd County.
- Food Pantry (several days’ supply of food based on the USDA Food Plate for Floyd County, IN residents) These services are available each month, and families may also come in each week for any extra produce and/or bread we have on hand. Click here for a list of what you will need to receive these services. USDA commodities can be a part of these services, or Floyd County residents may get them separately. Our Food Pantry is open Monday through Friday from 9:30-3:30, excluding holidays. Please arrive by 3:15 for same day service.
- Nutrition is so important for all people! See below for more on nutrition.
- Seasonal Assistance (Small household appliances to aid those with medically fragile family members in dire straits for heating and cooling a room in their home.)
- Pack the Bus Collaboration- Backpack and School Supplies
- Spirit of the Season (Holiday Specific Programming for families with children) Click here for information on the Salvation Army’s holiday program.
- Clothe-A-Teen (By referral of a case worker or school counselor in Floyd County, IN)
- TARC Tickets (for medical appointments & job interviews)
- Other Community Resources and Helps The link used to the left will take you directly to Metro United Way’s 2-1-1 On-line Service. You may also call 2-1-1.
- Call 812.948.9248 or E-mail FamilyServices@hopesi.org for more information.
Hope is a part of several collaborations working to improve lives across Southern Indiana, but specifically in Floyd County.
Click the 5 A Day logo to learn more about picking 5 Fruits & Veggies each day can improve your overall health. Picking 5 is a great way to start living a healthier lifestyle. Click here for more helpful nutrition information.
In 2015-2016, Hope So. IN partnered with Girl Scout Gold Award Recipient, Anna Perkins. She developed this very helpful toolkit to assist our community in collecting healthy foods for the people who need them most. Link to tool kit: https://drive.google.com/