Look below for the RSVP Newsletter.
RSVP is housed in the basement of St. John Presbyterian Church at the corner of 13th and Elm in New Albany. RSVP’s entrance is at the bottom of the ramp on the 13th street side.
Their mailing address is 1307 E. Elm Street, New Albany, IN 47150.
What is RSVP?
RSVP – the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program invites adults age 55 and over to use their life experience and skills to make a difference in the community. Volunteers make meaningful contributions through assisting not-for-profit organizations and health care institutions with special projects and ongoing opportunities.
Locally, RSVP serves Clark, Floyd, Harrison, Jefferson and Scott counties in southern Indiana. Over 1,250 volunteers are serving in 160 organizations and institutions providing over 165,000 hours of volunteer time.
What kind of volunteer opportunities are there?
Visit our list of ongoing volunteer opportunities.
Who may join RSVP?
Anyone 55 years or older may join. The only requirements are that you fill out an enrollment form and submit a monthly hour sheet reflecting your volunteer service.
How may I join?
You may view or download an RSVP Enrollment Form here. If you are interested in joining RSVP, complete the form and mail it to the address on the form.
An RSVP staff person will contact you to answer any questions and/or begin your exciting adventure of being a RSVP volunteer.
What are the benefits of RSVP membership?
- Opportunity to utilize your experience and skills to make a meaningful difference for others
- Free supplemental personal accident and liability insurance while volunteering
- Recognition in the community — at special events and in local newspapers
- Bi-monthly newsletter with information of interest to volunteers and retirees
- Opportunity to learn new skills if interested
- Sense of worth, knowing that you are helping your community
You may donate now using Guidestar and designate your gift for RSVP in the memo section.
- September/October 2014
- May through August 2014
- March/April 2014
- January/February 2014
- November/December 2013
- September/October 2013
- July/August 2013