Youth Development Services
Hope Southern Indiana, Inc. is a partner in community initiatives which focus on positive youth development and asset building. Some organizations we work with, in no particular order, are: Youth Ministries of our supporting churches, Healthy Families of Rauch Inc., Step Ahead Council’s Wrap Around Case Management, Youth for Christ, Redeem the Dream, Boys and Girls Clubs, the Community Foundation of Southern Indiana’s Youth Philanthropy Council, M4MM, and many others. At Hope Southern Indiana, we consistently refer to the 40 Development Assets as our source for how to help all youth attain a happy and successful life. Because we are Christ-focused, we use Scripture and Assets(TM) as our guiding light.
Positive youth development believes:
- every young person has traits that can be nurtured through intentional caring relationships
- churches, schools, businesses, neighborhoods, clubs, parents and others play an important role in helping young people develop
- positive development leads to a greater degree of success and lowers the degree of probability that a young person will engage in high-risk behaviors
We are committed to our community being a community where youth are valued, investments are made in their well being, and all youth have the opportunity to succeed.
Some Youth Development Resources
- FREE Child Care Resource & Referral (Indiana’s Paths to Quality)
- Portal to Indiana Association for Child Care and Resource and Referral
- Indiana Youth Institute
- Search Institute
- Drive of Your Life
- Trip to College